Most people who have seen the photos of my ice cream don't believe me when I tell them the ingredients and they find out it's secretly healthy (minus the pounds of sprinkles...). I usually have to repeat the ingredients twice for it to sink in..Being a dessert and crunchy food obsessed person I had to find a way to eat some kind of protein packed dessert on my bodybuilding prep, and thanks to a lot of searching the internet and Chocolate Covered Katie, I was able to adapt her recipe to fit my macros.
So here is my favorite ice cream recipe that I eat practically every night with no added sugar, plus plenty of protein and a healthy serving of greens. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)
- 1 very ripe sliced frozen banana (the browner the better! Don't you dare throw out those old bananas!)
- 1 tbsp PB2 (or peanut butter or nut butter of choice)
- *1 scoop Vega Chocolate Protein and Greens Powder (or protein powder of choice) *this can be replaced by 2 tbsp pure cocoa for a richer and more ice creamy taste, but you won't get the protein and greens**
- 1/5 cup Ish of crushed ice or regular ice (optional)
- 1 splash of almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
Instructions: Blend all together until smooth, perhaps freeze for a little bit for thicker ice cream consistency.
PS- If you don't have a banana already frozen, don't freak out! Just add a little bit more ice, mix it all up, and put it in the top of the freezer to chill for 30-an hour (or as long as you can stand to wait ;) )It may be more like soft serve, but will still taste just as amazing.
This magic shell is 1/3 of the sugar of store bought magic shell, less calories, plus only 2 ingredients! So no crazy chemicals and preservatives in your "nice" cream needed.
- 1 bar of Ghirardelli Intense Dark "Twilight Delight" Chocolate Bar (or 11 g vegan chocolate of choice)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Melt oil and chocolate together in the microwave until completely melted, then pour over ice cream and top with sprinkles quickly so they stick!
- Enjoy the chocolately crunchy goodness for only 100 calories!
(This recipe makes 1 tbsp of magic shell)
Don't forget to comment and share on social media how yours turns out and tag @veganahannah! :)