I want to thank Chocolate Covered Katie yet again. She is my hero. I’ve always loved her secretly healthy desserts and if it weren’t for her I think I would’ve gone crazy without desserts during my prep for my bodybuilding competition. As soon as I saw her post this flourless banana blender muffin recipe, I went to work adapting into a single serving portion to fit into my macros of low fat, moderate protein, and high carbs. This mug cake is deliciously moist, needs little if any added sweetener, and made of whole food ingredients with actual nutrition! If you think healthy food cannot taste absolutely amazing and decadent, this recipe will make you think otherwise.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup ripe banana (the browner the better!)
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup cooked white beans (I use canned garbanzo rinsed well)
- 1 heaping tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp pb2 (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Splash of almond milk (or vegan milk of choice)
- 2 Pinches baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Sweetener to taste (I use 1 packet monkfruit sugar, or you could use 1/4 tsp agave or maple syrup approx.)
- Optional- 1/8 tsp each pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc
- Toppings:1 tbsp mini chocolate chips (I prefer “Enjoy Life” vegan brand)
- Measure out all ingredients and place in your blender cup (if you don’t have a smoothie blender or small blender, you may need to double the recipe- Lucky you! Twice the cake!)
- Scrape into a microwave safe mug or ramekin- the shorter/wider the mug the better for more of it to “bake”
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds (you could potentially use an oven but I’m lazy and unfortunately don’t have the instructions for it :P)
- Allow it to cool (if you have the willpower) for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
Comment, Share, and tag @veganahannah when you make yours!